My share for the day is a Watercolor Butterfly Birthday Card. The stamped butterfly is from the Stampin’ Up!’s Watercolor Wings Stamp Set. I’ve played around with more colors then the one featured and will share those color combinations in another post; another time.
This Watercolored Butterfly couldn’t be any easier to make. It’s all done with the 3-step stamp method. So, it’s easy and yet so beautifully detailed. Let’s get started with how to make this card.
CARDSTOCK, CUTTING and DIMENSIONS:
1. First cut your card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ from Watermelon Wonder and score it at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Blushing Bride.
3. Cut another 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece from Whisper White.
4. Take the Watermelon Wonder ➪
card base, open it up and on the front place the 4″ x 3-1/8″ Oval Die from the Ovals Collection and run it through The BIG Shot making sure it’s centered.5. Take the Blushing Bride piece of cardstock and cut out the Scallop Edged Oval again by running it through the BIG Shot.
6. Now center the 4-1/2″ x 3-1/8 oval die on the scallop oval and run it through the BIG Shot.
7. With a Paper Piercing Tool, poke a hole in every scallop. Make sure to place a Piercing Mat underneath.
1. On the piece of Whisper White stamp the butterfly, from the Watercolor Wings Stamp Set in the following colors: Base of butterfly in Blushing Bride, Middle of butterfly wing in Calypso Coral and the outer part of the wing in Watermelon Wonder. Since this is a photopolymer stamp set it’s very easy to stamp and line up all of the images on top of each other to form the butterfly. Make sure your butterfly image is stamped in the center of the Whisper White, so it shows through the oval cut-out on the card front.
2. Stamp the butterfly body and antenna in Memento Black Ink.
3. Ink up the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Remembering You Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink
1. To finish up, adhere the Whisper White Cardstock on the inside of the card.
2. Carefully affix the scalloped oval around the oval opening on the front of the card with Multi-Purpose Glue, so that there’s an equal border all around.
Now, how easy was that?
My August Newsletter is ready and waiting to be sent. If you haven’t signed up for it as of yet, ther’s still time to do so in my welcome basket on my blogs sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by.
Embrace the day,