This is a card I made for a swap. I also included it in the Valentine’s Day Class. For this card I wanted to play around with the new Stampin’ Up! Two-Step Bird Punch, the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder.
Here’s What I did:
1. I cut pieces of:
Real Red Card Stock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and scored it at 4-1/4″)
Regal Rose Card Stock ( 5″ x 3-3/4″)
Blush Blossom Card Stock (4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″)
2. I punched two birds with the Two-Step Bird Punch. This punch id fundamentally! The storage is so very nice because of the new punch design. I found the punch easy to use and because the punch is two-step the variations you can achieve are endless.
3. After I punched the birds out I placed the wings inside the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die to add texture to each wing. If you do this you need to remember to turn one wing around so the texture is facing up on the wing when you assemble your card.
4. I then ran the piece of Blush Blossom Card Stock through The Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions Folder. Love, Love, Love this folder!!!!
5. Next, I cut the heart using the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die and The Big Shot which I might add, cut and embossed the heart beautifully as you can see from the picture.
6. I cut a 1-1/4″ piece of 5/8″ Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, folded in half along the long edge, adhered it and attached to the back of the heart.
7. The card was then layered together as shown. For the birds’ wings and heart I used Dimensionals to pop them. I also added a red rhinestone to the heart.
Thanks for stopping by and look for one more Valentine’s Day Card to follow.
HUGS & stamps,