While this is nothing new it is a simple and fast project to do for Father’s day or teacher gifts. Switch it up for a female. I purchased wooden pencil cup from Michael’s, but empty vegetable cans can also be used. I used a tape measure and measured around the cup holder and added a 1/4″ for an overlay. The height I added nothing. I simply measured it.
Stamp Set: Happiness is a Journey
Paper: Any DSP of choice cut to the measurements of the holder
Coordinating Card Stock (I used Winter Green DSP & Chocolate Chip CS)
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Brads, Ribbon and any other embellishments you want
HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
1. Measure the height and the circumference of holder. Add 1/4″ to the circumference measurement for an overlay.
2. Cut DSP and using sticky strip tape cover holder.
3. On a piece of coordinating card stock stamp image in versa mark.
4. Cover image with white embossing powder.
5. Use a heat tool and hold it 4-5 inches away, heat the image until the powder turns shiny and rises.
6. Carefully tear around image for a really nice irregular look.
7. Add brads to each corner and adhere to cup with sticky strip tape.
8. Embellish top and bottom of holder with ribbon.