I just love the look and feel of this cute critters Christmas card. The details and color is what makes this card standout. Anyone receiving this card is guaranteed to smile. You can leave the greeting off and add a “Happy Birthday” message or “Thank You.” Either way this card is a keeper
Stamp Sets: Owl Occasions (#128000)w, (3128003)c and No Peeking (#126290)w, (#126292)c
Paper: Real Red Card Stock (#102482), Whisper White Card Stock (#100730) and Designer Series Patterned Paper-In Colors 2011-13 (#122384)
Ink: Gumball Green Ink Pad (#126861), Soft Suede Marker (#119703), Basic Black Marker (#119703), Real Red Marker (#100052) and Marina Mist Marker (#119674)
Other: Basic Pearls (#119247), Dazzling Diamonds (#102023), 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425)
Non-Stampin’Up!: Red Sharpie or Red Nail Polish
Here’s what to do:
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Real Red Card Stock and score it at 4-1/4.
2. Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Pool Party from the Designer Series Paper Pack.
3. Cut a 5″ x 2″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock. Tear along the top edge and adhere this piece to the bottom of the Pool Party.
4. On a sheet of Whisper White stamp and ink up the following images using Ink Markers from the No Peeking Stamp Set:
– The deer in Soft Suede and Real Red for his scarf. Cut the deer out.
– The penguin in Basic Black and Real Red for scarf and hat. Cut him out.
– The bird in Marina Mist and his hat in Real Red. Cut out the bird.
– With Gumball Green Pad ink up the tree, stamp it and cut it out.
5. From the Owl Occasions Stamp Set ink up the owl in Gumball Green, stamp it and cut him out.
6. With a Real Red Marker ink up one stocking, stamp it and cut it out.
7. On the Pool Party stamp the branch from the Owl Occasions Stamp Set in Soft Suede ink.
8. In the bottom right hand corner stamp, “Merry Christmas” in Real Red.
9. Place and adhere all stamped images as shown in photograph.
10. When the images are in place, embellish the sky with the tinniest pearls for snowflakes from the Basic Pearls.
11. Add pearls to the penguin and bird hats for pompoms.
12. Decorate the tree with the string of pearls.
13. Color in about six pearls with a red sharpie marker or red nail polish. Add these as berries to the tree branch.
14. Place 2-Way Glue along the snow bank edge and sprinkle it with Dazzling Diamonds.
I shared this card with my 12 Weeks of Christmas subscribers and now you can make, send it and delight someone with your creation!