Today's post is of a card I made in My Digital Studio. Believe it or not I started off with a Father's Day card in mind for my June Newsletter, but soon got sidetracked with all of the new downloads I just purchased.
I took a class in mix media and I'm working on some projects to share with you in the future, but when I got involved with this card I wanted to see if I could make it with that feeling. I'm pretty happy with the results. Of course I'm not happy I didn't get my Father's Day card done yet, but what did Scarlett say,"Fiddly dee. Tomorrow's another day."
1. Open My Digital Studio
2. Choose Greeting Card & click 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" landscape
3. Choose Create Your Own
4. Name your project
Once your screen is opened with your project you'll want to:
5. Choose a background Paper I chose Pretty-In-Pink Card Stock
6. Then I chose Basic Black Card Stock, but as a layer. Layering allows you to move layers to the front or the back of your project. When you choose the Basic Black Card Stock a square black box will appear. Simply grab one of the corner handles to re-size the Basic Black layer to 5" x 3-3/4" This layer should appear over your Pretty-In-Pink layer, and if it doesn't, you'll want to go to the menu and bring it to the front.
7. Still in background papers, I chose the Distressed Designer Series Paper in Baja Breeze, re-sized it and made sure it is in the4 front.
Here's where the real fun begins:
8. Go to the Medallion Brush Stamp Set, click on the medallion and drag it to your project. Re-size it and place it towards the upper left side of the card.. Change the color to Summer Sun by clicking on the medallion and going to the Change Color Folder.
9. Now go to Summer Serenade Brush Stamp Set. From this set click and drag the flowers first, re-size them and change their color. I changed them to Baja Breeze and Regal Rose. Add as many, or as few, as you want. I added a total of six. Four are in Baja Breeze and two are in Regal Rose.
10. Then drag the scallop design onto the card, re-size it and place it in the bottom left corner of the card.
11. I left the girl to last so all of the flowers would appear behind her. I could have made her smaller, but I liked her big and running onto the Pretty-In-Pink border. It makes her look as though she's really in the foreground.
12. For the bird, bird-cage and branch I used the Nature Brush Stamp Set. After dragging them I re-sized and placed them as shown. I changed the color on the bird to Soft Suede.
I hope you try this card or one of yor own. If you don't have My Digital Studio and would like to place an order, CLICK HERE. As your demonstrator I'll be able to help you with whatever questions you might have and you can always got to Mydigitalstudio.net for support, project ideas and forums.
And, finally, if you want to see the Father's Day card I'm making, just sign up for my newsletter.
Thanks for visiting.