This is the July calendar we made in class. Of course it had to celebrate the 4th!!! And of course I had to use GLITTER! See my Technique Tid-Bit on how to use glitter.
HERE’S THE RECIPE:
Stamp Sets: All Year Cheer II
Ink: Versa Mark
Riding Hood Red
Not Quite Navy
Paper: Whisper White CS ( 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″) and ( 7″ x 2-1/4″ )
Riding Hood Red CS( 8″ x 8″ )
Not Quite Navy ( 7″ x 1/4″ )
Accessories: 4 Blue Brads, 3 Red Brads, Red Cosmo Glitter, Heat and Stick, Heat Tool, White Gel Pen
HERE’S WHAT I DID:
1. On the ( 7″ x 2-1/4″ 0 piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped the swirls and heart in Riding Hood Red.
2. Then using Not Quite Navy I stamped the circle/ star and stars.
3. In Basic Black I stamped the firecracker.
4. Using versa Mark I stamped “Celebrate”, covered it with Heat and Stick, heated it, covered it in Red Cosmo Glitter and heated it again.
5. I added three red brad,s one to each star.
6. I put the calendar and Whisper White piece together and adhered the ( 7″ x 1/4″ ) of Not Quite Navy across the seam.
7. Using a White Gel Pen I made stitches on top of the Not Quite Navy strip.
8. I adhered the calendar to the Riding Hood Red card stock as shown and added four blue brads to the corners.
9. I finished by adhering the Riding Hood Red card stock to the ( 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ ) piece of Whisper White card stock.
10. In Riding Hood Red I stamped “happy 4th” on July 4th, Independence Day!