I have to admit this was a fun card to make, becasue each section is a design element in itself.
1. Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and score it at 4-1/4″
2. Cut the following pieces from Tangerine Tango: 2-11/16″ x 2-11/16″, 9/16″ x 2-11/16“ and 3-3/4″ x 2-1/8″
3. Cut the following from the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper: 2-9/16″ x 2-9/16″, 7/16″ x 2-9/16″ and 3-5/8″ x 2″ Cut these pieces from three different patterned paper.
4. Layer the appropriate DSP on the Tangerine Tango Cardstock
5. Around the 3-3/4″ x 2-1/8″ wrap a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon. With a smaller piece tie a bow and set aside.
6. Ink up the “Spooky” stamp from the Among the Branches stamp set in Tangerine Tango Ink and stamp it on to a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and punch it out with the 2″ Circle Punch.
7. Punch out a Large Scallop Circle out of Whisper White Cardstock.
8. Adhere the “Spooky” sentiment on to the Whisper White Scallop Circle.
9. With a Paper Piercing Tool and Mat pierce a hole in each scallop and a matching holes on the “Spooky” sentiment layer.
10. Thread a large eyed sewing needle with Basic Black Baker’s Twine and do a simple whip stitch by bringing the threaded needle up from the back of the Tangerine Tango circle and bringing the needle down the scalloped circle until the end.
11. Affix the sewn element on the 2-11/16″ square with Multi-Purpose Glue.
12. Place each element as shown in the photo keeping a 1/4″ border around the outside. With a Glue Dot take that knot you’re saving and place it on the ribbon.
If you want to change this card up to hold a small candy bar, just place tape or glue around three of the outside edges of the 3-3/4 x 2-1/8″ bottom piece. Slip the small candy bar in from the unglued top edge.
Thanks for peeking at my blog today. I hope it’s inspired you to create something.
And, Remember to Make What You Love and Love What You Make!
Embrace the day,