August screams Summer! And, Summer screams watermelon. I love this watermelon idea using the Work of Art Stamp Set. Not only can watermelons be made, but you can also make rainbows and very subtle or not so subtle backgrounds.
AUGUST Calendar 2016
Work of Art
Project Life Day to Day
Strawberry Slush (5″ x 7-1/2″)
Whisper White (4″ x 6-1/2″)
Basic Black scraps
Multi-Purpose Glue or SNAIL, Bird Builder Punch
6″ x 9″ Clipboard from dollar store
1. On the 4″ x 6-1/2″ piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp the brush stroke image from the Work of Art stamp set in Mossy Meadow about 3″ down from the top edge of the card stock.This stamped image is the watermelon rind.
2. Using the same cleaned brush stroke image stamp it twice above the Mossy Meadow. Leave a strip of the Whisper White card stock showing. Stamp it in Strawberry Slush Ink to resemble the watermelon
3. In the top left hand corner stamp SUMMER from the Project Life Day to Day stamp set in Mossy Meadow and above it stamp CELEBRATE from the Good Greetings stamp set in Mossy Meadow as well.
4. Stamp the heart image from the Work of Art stamp set in Strawberry Slush randomly on the Whisper White card stock background.
5. Adhere the August calendar to the bottom of the Whisper White card stock.
6. With the scraps of Basic Black card stock punch out the leaf part of the Build a Bird Punch. Cut the leaves off and adhere them as watermelon seeds to the watermelon.
Phew-September’s share tomorrow! Wow this is going fast. Look soon for cards and projects made using supplies from the new Stampin’ Up! 2016 Occasions Catalog.
Embrace the day and thanks for stopping by,