I have to tell you I’m loving this Best Thoughts stamp set from Stampin’ Up! Today’s share is a simple card to put together, but oh so, “Pretty in Pink!” The color pink can be switched out for any other color and would work equally as well. The black ink and cardstock feature the Pink or in this case Blushing Bride perfectly.
There’s one little easy trick to making this card and here’s, “What to Do.”
CARDSTOCK AND DIMENSIONS:
1. Blushing Bride Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
2. Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
3. Basic Black Cardstock 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
1. On the 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock, drag the Blushing Bride Ink Pad across the cardstock in short strokes. Do this randomly making sure it isn’t symetrical and that enough white is showing.
2. Once you’re happy with the Blushing Bride background, go ahead and stamp the flower from the Stampin’ Up! Best Thoughts stamp set in Memento Ink.
3. Stamp the butterfly from the same stamp set in Memento Ink.
3. Stamp a greeting in Memento Ink as well. I used the greeting from the Stampin’ Up! You’ve Got This stamp set.
1. Adhere all the layers as shown with SNAIL Adhesive.
2. Add three large Basic Pearls in the upper right hand corner of the card.
Try this technique using other color combinations. Send me a photo of what you’ve done and I’ll feature it on my blog.
Until next time, embrace the day!