Here’s the other Watercolor Block Technique project I promised you. Thie Best Thoughts Birthday card was done the same way the Perfect Peacock Journal was. The only difference is this time it was used on a flower and the colors are different as well. If you host a qualifying workshop you can reward yourself with this gorgeous set! You can only get this set by hosting a workshop.
BLOCK WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUE:
1. To begin this technique you’ll need a Stampin’ Up! Clear Block “E” The block will work as a stamp and you need to ink it up, by adding the color straight from the ink pads. To do this simply drag the Ink Pads across the block. For this card the block was inked up in Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush. The block was then spritzed with water using a Stampin’ Spritzer and then stamped on to Watercolor Paper. See below:
2. Once the Watercolor Paper was dry, it was stamped with the flower image from the Best Thoughts Hostess stamp set in Memento Ink.
3. The flower was then cut out leaving a small white border around it so it would pop off the base card,
CARDSTOCK & CUTTING DIMENSIONS:
1. Watermelon Wonder~ 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/2″
2. Very Vanilla~ 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
3. Cucumber Crush~ 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
1. On the 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Very Vanilla stamp the distress background stamp from the You’ve Got This stamp set in Soft Suede.
2. In the upper left hand corner stamp, “Happy Birthday” from the Sassy Salutations stamp set in Cucumber Crush Ink.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Layer and adhere as shown in the Photo.
2. Affix the flower cut out with Dimensionals.
Let’s see what you can do using this technique. Send me a copy and I’ll post it on my blog!
Embrace the day and make stamping a part of it,