Who wouldn’t love to receive this great Gingerbread House Votive Ornament to hang on their Christmas tree? These are fun and very inexpensive to make. You could omit the ribbon hanger and make the house or a village of houses to show off on a mantle. Not only is this adorable, but it’s safe to use as well.
Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar (131296), Whisper White (100730)
Ink/Markers: White Stampin’ Chalk Marker (132133)
Punches & Dies: Big Shot (113439), Hearts A Flutter Framelits (130159), Petite Curly Label (129405), Finishing Touches (127010), Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882), Circles Collection Framelits (130911)
Miscellaneous: Paper Piercing Tool (126189), Silver 1/8″ Ribbon (132137), Frosted Finishes Embellishments (132150), Multi-Purpose Glue (110755), Dazzling Details (124117)
Other: Battery Powered Votive Candle (available at local craft or dollar stores)
1. Print out the GINGERBREAD HOUSE TEMPLATE on home computer. If your printer prints on to card stock, print template right on Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock. If not, print template on to printer paper and glue it to card board. Cut it out and use it to trace around.
2. Once traced on to the Baked Brown Sugar, cut out the house and score along the score lines,
3. Punch out strips of the Finishing Touches Edgelits and adhere them to the top edge of the house with Multi-Purpose Glue.
4. On the sides of the house, punch out windows with the Petite Curly Punch.
5. To make the door opening use the die that matches photo from the Hearts A Flutter Framelits.
6. On the bottom square flap use the 1-/1/2″ circle from the Circles Collection. This is for the battery powered votive to fit through.
7. Using the White Chalk Marker decorate the gingerbread house to resemble frosting. Outline the windows and doorway.
8. Add glue to all the bottom tabs with Multi-Purpose Glue and assemble house. Do not add glue to the roof tabs yet.
1. Cut out a 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock and sore at 1-3/4″ to form the roof ridge.
2. Using the Scallop Border Punch, punch out eight 2-1/2″ strips.
3. Add glue along the scallops and sprinkle with Dazzling Details to resemble snow.
4. Once the Dazzling Details dries, adhere the scallop strips on to the roof Whisper White base. Glue four on each side of roof.
5. With a Paper Piercing Tool make a hole on the roof ridge. Push a 6″ piece of Silver Ribbon through the hole and knot it on the bottom.
6. Now add glue to the roof tabs and attach roof.
Add a Frosted Finishing Snowflake on the front of the gingerbread house over the door opening and pop battery powered votive in the hole opening.
And for reading this post to the bottom here’s a FREE GINGERBREAD COOKIE RECIPE from the Lakeside Kitchen!