Here’s a last minute Valentine’s Day gift you can make when you want to give something a little different then the obvious flowers and chocolates. This is a small paper mache heart bought from Michaels, decorated and filled with flower seeds.
This project is so simple and inexpensive to make and this is how the Flower Seed Heart is made:
1. Purchase a small paper mache heart and a packet of flower seeds.
2. Paint the heart in an appropriate color, matching the seed packet or occasion. This step is optional, since the heart will be covered with paper. I painted mine white using acrylic paint. I just hink it makes for a more complete end result.
3. Empty the packet of seeds and place them in a small plastic bag; one that fits into the heart. Carefully open the seed packet, so it’s flat. Trace the heart lid on the front,making sure it encompasses the flower image and name. Cut this heart out and with Multi-Purpose White Glue or Sticky Tape adhere it to the lid.
4. For the side of the lid wrap Washi Tape around it. On the top of the Washi Tape wrap a pretty ribbon.
5. Measure the bottom side of the heart and cut out pretty Designer Series Paper and adhere that strip to the sides of the heart.
6. Add a little bow to the top of the heart.
7. Fill the heart with the seeds and how to grow directions.
This heart is now ready to give as a gift for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day or for a birthday. These are great to make for wedding favors as well.
So, there you have it. Now if you live in an area, like me, where more snow is expected, you need to run to the store and get all your materials to make these during the snow storm.
And, remember to eat, sleep, stamp and create!