This is a card I made for my cousin's son, Daniel, who made his Communion two weekends ago. I love this card, because it uses the Owl Builder Punch, not to create an owl! I'm always excited when Stampin' Up! tools and supplies can be used to create something different then what was intended.
Here's what to do to make this sheep card:
1. Cut a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of Whisper White Card Stock in half at 5-1/2", then score it at 4-1/4"
2. Cut a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Pool Party Card Stock and run it through the BIG Shot with the Lacey Brocade Embossing Folder.
3. Cut a 5" x 2" of Midnight Muse and run this piece through the BIG Shot with the Vine Street Embossing Folder from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Carefully tear the top edge.
4. Cut a 5' x 1" piece of Gumball Green Card Stock and again with the BIG Shot run this piece through using the Chevron Embossing Folder. Cut along the top edge following the chevron pattern as a guide.
5. With Sticky Strip, adhere all three pieces of card stock as shown.
Now for the fun part…
6. Punch a Large Scallop Circle out of Whisper White Card Stock. Along the scallop edge pierce each scallop with the Paper Piercing Tool.
7. With the Owl Builder Punch, punch out all the owl parts out of Basic Black Card Stock. The owl's body will be used for the sheep's head, the two largest circles for his feet and the two smallest circles for his eyes.
8. With Whisper White Card Stock punch out the middle sized circles for the eyes and seven of the hearts.
9. With a piece of Whisper White Card Stock punch out three flowers with the Boho Blossoms Punch.
10. Glue the sheep together as shown adding a Whisper White Brad for his nose.
11. Make a pretty bow out of Pool Party Taffeta Ribbon and attach it with a Glue Dot.
This card can be made for a little girl's Communion as well, by simply switching out the Midnight Muse Card Stock for Pretty-in-Pink (soon to retire) and a pink bow.
Remember to make what you love, and to love what you make!