With Summer underway and the 4th of July quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to celebrate the Red, White and Blue by making, cards, banners and table decorations. These don’t need to be fancy. With the Star Framelits you can easily make everything you need for you 4th of July table. Today I’m sharing a card I made, but this card can be a table decoration for your table, by simply placing the card in a free standing photo-clip and stand it on your table. Or make the star with the tail into a pin for your family and friends to wear. To do this hot glue a jewelry pin on the back. You can even make a smaller version and use them as place-cards as well.
This card is mainly all cut either with the BIG Shot or hand held punches.
CARD-STOCK and CUTTING DIMENSIONS:
1. REAL RED ~ Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and score it at 4-1/2″
2. WHISPER WHITE ~ Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece
3. Across the top of the Whisper White Card Stock punch the stars out with the Star Confetti Punch.
4. PACIFIC POINT ~ Cut a 5″ x 1″ strip and run it through the BIG Shot with the Striped Scallop Thinlit Die. I used this die, because it resembles waves.
5. Take some scraps of Real Red, Whisper White and Pacific Point Card Stock and cut out various size stars with the BIG Shot and the Star Framelits Dies. For the smaller stars use the Itty Bitty Star Punch.
6. Cut fringe with for the tail of the star using some Real Red and Pacific Point Card Stock and Stampin’ Up!’s Fringe Scissors. Nothing is easier then this!
1. Stamp “Celebrate” in Pacific Point Ink on to the Whisper White card layer.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Layer the largest Real Red star with the smaller Whisper White and Pacific Point stars.
2. On the back adhere the cut fringe with Multi-Purpose Glue and a piece of scotch tape if needed.
3. Add tiny dabs of Multi-Purpose Glue to the back of the cut out scallop piece of Pacific Point and adhere it to the bottom of the Whisper White layer.
4. Affix the Whisper White layer on to the Real Red card base.
5. With Dimensionals adhere the large Real Red star.
6. Again, with small dabs of glue, place and adhere all the punched out stars randomly in a pleasing and balanced design.
I love this country! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Embrace the day,