This is one of my favorite new Stampin’ Up! stamp sets called, Sitting Here. It’s a versatile set and portrays lazy comfortable images, including a swing with cozy pillows. The stamp set comes with a swing, but I changed it to a bench and even used part of the swing for a shelf. I’m even playing around using one of the pillow images as floor tile! The possibilities are truly endless with this Sitting Here stamp set. And, don’t you just love the new Stampin’ Up! 2016-18 In-Color Flirty Flamingo??
Let’s get started:
Card Stock & Cutting Dimensions:
- Basic Gray (121044): 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- Flirty Flamingo (141416): 5″ x 3-3/4″ and 2″ x 2″ (for stamping)
- Whisper White (100730): 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ and 4″ x 3″ (for stamping)
- Soft Suede (115318): 3″ x 3″ (for stamping)
- Ink up the “Happy Birthday” greeting from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set (138813) in Flirty Flamingo Ink (141397) and stamp it on the larger Whisper White layer in the upper left hand corner.
- Ink up the round and square pillow images from the Sitting Here Stamp Set (141589) with Basic Gray Ink (140932) and stamp it on the Flirty Flamingo (141416)
- Ink up the swings seat in Basic Gray and stamp it on the smaller Whisper White piece.
- Ink up the swing again and this time stamp only bottom wooden rail on to the Whisper White.
- Ink up the cat in Basic Gray and stamp the cat on the Whisper White as well.
- Ink up the flowers and flower pot image with Emerald Envy Ink (141396) and stamp two on the Whisper White.
- Ink up the dog, basket and the bottom swing rail in Chocolate Chip Ink and stamp the images on the piece of Soft Suede.
Cutting, Coloring & Embellishing:
- Carefully cut out the two flower pots, the two pillows, the dog, the cat and the basket.
- Color in the flowers.
- Place a small Silver Brad (just retired) or pearl in the center of the round pillow.
- Cut out the swing and cut off the swing’s ropes. Cut the bottom rail on the second swing and cut two small pieces and adhere as the bench legs.
- Cut out the Soft Suede swing bottom rail to use as the shelf. One end will need to be cut and shortened depending on how and where you use it.
Piecing It All Together:
You can place the images any way you find pleasing. Play around with all the pieces and adhere them to the top Whisper White layer but first…
- Adhere the layers a shown.
- You can place the dog or cat in the basket. I chose to cut a slit in the basket and slipped in one of the flower pots. The cat looked cute on the shelf and the dog looked comfy on the top curve of the bench too.
Here’s to sitting on our back decks, our front porches and our sun-rooms being as comfy, cozy and lazy on the soon to come “Dog Days of Summer!”
Thanks for stopping by.