Today’s card share was made for Zephyr, who turned three on Friday! His favorite color is Orange and I decided to use the Oh, Whale Stamp Set. I do love the way this card turned out. It reminds me of Zephyr, who is full of life and very aware of the world around him. Happy 3rd Birthday Zeph!
Directions for the Oh, Whale Birthday Card:
1. For the card base cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock & score it at 4-1/4″
2. Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Pacific Point Card Stock
3. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock
4. Cut a 4-3/4″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Marina Mist Card Stock. Take this piece and run it through the BIG Shot with the Chevron Embossing Folder. With Paper Snips follow the top edge of the chevron and cut it using the pattern as a guide.
5. Take a piece of Pumpkin Pie from the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper pack and run it through the BIG Shot with the Happy Whale Clearlits Die. Save all the other cutouts such as the fish, heart and star to place in the water as shown.
6. Adhere all the card components as shown in photograph, placing two Calypso Coral Designer Brads in each top corner.
7. With Marina Mist Ink stamp the water splash image and the Happy Birthday Greeting from the Wishes Your Way Stamp Set.
8. Using a black sharpie, marker color a Basic Pearl for the whale’s eye and the tiniest pearl for the fish.
Have a whale of a day!