Today’s share is a FUN card indeed. I call it the ❀❀❀❀❀❀ Petite Petals Rainbow Card ❀❀❀❀❀❀ , because it’s just that! The flowers are from the Stampin’ Up! Petite Petals Stamp Set and how nice is it that there’s a matching punch? Now this card can be made using any single image you want to use. Just stamp the image in different colors for the rainbow effect.
This is a pretty straight-forward card to make.
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White, at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and cut the top layer at 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
2. For the middle layer cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Strawberry Slush. The Strawberry Slush makes all of the colors on the card really pop, without it being too matchie!
3. Stamp a flower or other image in the colors you want on to a scrap of Whisper White . For this card I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit (R), Gumball Green (R), Marina Mist and Wisteria Wonder. I also stamped a few flowers in Strawberry Slush to wrap around the greeting banner.
4. Once the flowers were stamped I used the Petite Petals punch for a perfect cutout of the flowers.
5. For the small banners below the flowers, I used coordinating card stock to the ink colors and with the Banner Punch I punched out one banner for each flower.
6. The large banners were cut using the BIG Shot and Banner Framelit Dies. I cut the large banner out of Strawberry Slush and the smaller banner from Whisper White card stock.
7. On the Whisper White I stamped the, “Happy Birthday” greeting in Strawberry Slush Ink.
8. I layered the banners as the detail shows and surrounded the banner with the Strawberry Slush flowers.
9. Next, I tied a neat little bow made out of Bakers Twine and tucked it in between the flowers.
10. I adhered each flower to it’s matching card stock banner, then placed them evenly across the bottom of the card.
11. To finish off this Rainbow card, I placed a matching Candy Dot in the center of each flower.
And, speaking of rainbows and cotton candy skies…