Have you received your Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog yet? And, if you have, did you go through it carefully and oooh and ahhh everything in it? I know I did! This is a thank you card I made using the Painted Petals stamp set, for my friends Elaine ane Tony who were very gracious over Christmas. Look to come back and see the card I made with this set for my workshop on the 17th!
This is a fun card to make, because of the layer of the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper which I love! This DSP was FREE from the 2015 Sale-A-Bration catalog. You can earn this DSP as well with a qualifying order of $50.00 from January 6-March 31,2015. For details click on SALE-A-BRATION
I love how fresh the Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana looks together. CLICK HERE to see why blue and orange work well together.
Let’s get started on how to make this card:
1. Cut an A-2 card base which is 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ from Calypso Coral
2. Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ of Best Year Ever DSP
3. Cut another piece of Calypso Coral card stock at 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
4. Cut the top layer of Whisper White card stock at 4-1/4″ x 3″
5. On the left hand side of the Whisper White, stamp the stems and leaves image from the Painted Petals stamp set in Wild Wasabi Ink.
6. Above the stamps stamp the two cluster flowers in Coastal Cabana Ink.
7. To the right of the flower cluster stamp “thank YOU” in Calypso Coral Ink. Look at photo for placement.
8. Around the Whisper White piece wrap a piece of Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine and tie a bow. Even though I used Coastal Cabana Ink, the Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine is a close match.
9. Layer and adhere the card as shown.
You can make a stash of these by cutting different colored card stocks and designer series papers. Then you’ll have them ready to sent all year long for someone who does something kind for you, like Elaine and Tony did for us!
With Thankful Hugs for visiting,