Hello, Lakeside Stamper Friends!
Today I want to share this Cutie Pie Slice of Cake with you; and I know you’re going to love it. This Stampin’ Up! Cutie Pie Thinlits isn’t only cute, but it’s a gift box as well (if you want it to be one). These are perfect for birthday gifts or party, holiday and wedding favors. They go together pretty easily and the sky’s the limit when it comes to decorating it. And, just think you can make it any flavor and filling you want!
These Cutie Pie Cake Slices are relatively easy to make. That is they’re easy to make if you have the Stampin’ Up! Cutie Pie Thinlts set. Here’s the “How To” for this delicious piece of cake:
DIE CUTTING ALL THE PARTS___________________________________
1. Two pieces of the cake part using the Cutie Pie Thinlits and the BIG Shot were cut out of Whisper White Cardstock.
2. A third piece was cut, but thi time only the triangular shape was cut, to use for the top of the cake. Just run the thinlit though making sure you just get the whole triangle. Cut off any extra. You only want the triangle shape. Then run the triangle cake topper through the BIG Shot with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder.
3. Next cut five scallop edges from the Cutie Pie Thinlits out of Blushing Bride Cardstock.
4. With Blushing Bride Cardstock cut out the bow and bow tails using the Cutie Pie Thinlets.
5. With the Spiral Flower Die cut two spiral flowers: one from Blushing Bride and one from So Saffron Cardstock.
6. Cut out two to three leaves with any green patterned designer series paper using the Secret Garden (retired) or Flower Fair Framelit Collection.
1. On each side of the cake cutouts stamp the cake filling stamp from the Sweet Stack Stamp Set with Blushing Bride Ink. You may stamp one, two or three depending on the amount of layers you want your slice of cake to have.
1. Put the Cutie Pie box together and adhere it with Tear and Taper Adhesive.
2. Attach the pieces of Blushing Bride scallop on the top and bottom cake edge.
3. Adhere the triangle embossed shape to the top. Use Multi-Purpose Glue, because it’s embossed the glue will help it adhere better.
4. Along the top and bottom edges affix a string of pearls with glue. These pearls can be found at your local craft or dollar store.
5. The two spiral flowers were made into roses. To see how to do the click HERE Once roses have dried place them and the cut out leaves, in a pleasing way on the top of the cake slice. Use glue or Glue Dots to affix them.
6. Make up the cut out bow and stick it on the back with a Glue Dot.
Don’t you love it? Can you see all the possibilities? Well, now it’s your turn and if you don’t have the Cutie Pie Thinlits, you need to order one today! If you’re local I’m holding a Birthday Bonanza Workshop on August 29 and we’ll be making this Cutie Pie in a different flavor decorated differently! Click on link to like my FB page, see my newsletter and find out more about my Birthday Bonanza Workshop
Nice to see you again and remember to make what you love and love what you make. Just make it!!