Here’s one more ornament, with a reindeer tucked inside, for you to make and believe it or not you still haave time! This is one of the ornaments I made using the blank plastic ornament balls from our local craft store. They come two halves in a package, because they are meant to go together. For our purpose, half of the ornament is all you need. You can play around filling a whole ball and see what happens. Make sure you buy enough while they’re on sale. After all you have all year to make these.
As I mentioned, he ornaments come two in a package and they’re really two halves of one ornament. They come in various sizes. These measure 2-1/4″ in diamenter They have a plastic loop at the top which makes it convenient to pass any ribbon through for a hanger.
Here’s what to do:
- Once you have your plastic ornaments, cut one snowflake from Soft Sky Card Stock and another one from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper in the BIG Shot with the Snowflake Framelits. Tear the Dazzling Diamonds Snowflake in half to look like a snow drift and with Multi-Purpose Glue adhere it to the bottom of the Soft Sky Snowflake. This snowflake will work as the back of the ornament.
- With a White Gel Pen add snowflakes to the Soft Sky area.
- On Whisper White Card Stock stamp the tree from the No Peeking Stamp Set in Garden Green and the reindeer from the same set in Soft Suede and Real Red.
- Cut out the tree and the Soft Suede reindeer. Cut out the face and scarf from the Real Red reindeer and with Multi-purpose Glue, glue the face and scarf to the Soft Suede reindeer.
- Adhere the tree to the background and place some Dimensionals on the back of the reindeer to pop him out in front.
- Throw in some glittery berries.
- Along the edge of the ornament place small dabs of glue and affix it to the snowflake. Let it dry.
- Add some ribbon around the ornament and some Silver Trim for the hanger.
Be sure to check back for the tutorials for a clipboard 2016 Calendar. If you need 2016 small calendar pads go Sky Blue Pink.