This adorable Honeycomb Happiness stamp set is one of the FREE Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration items you can earn. Paired with the Honeycomb Embellishments in the new Occasions Catalog the projects you can make are just too stinkin’ cute! And, if you haven’t made a slider card yet, give one a try. The possibilities are endless for what you choose to have slide.
Did you notice the chick slid across the card? This slider card is amazing to send to people and if you haven’t tried making one of these, here’s your chance to learn how…
1. CARD STOCK & DIMENSIONS:
- First, cut a card base of 8-1/2″ x 11″ Daffodil Delight and score it at 4-1/4″
- Cut a 5″ x 3-3/4″ of Whisper White for the next layer
- Out of Tempting Turquoise cut a 4-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece
2. MAKING THE SLIDER:
Gather two pennies.
Place two Dimensionals on one of the pennies.
The two pennies were then stuck together. I used two of Stampin’ Up!’s Dimensionals, because you need the adhesive thick enough to leave a space between the pennies, so they can slide along the slot opening,
Next, take the Tempting Turquoise layer, and with the Word Window Punch, punch a slot for your pennies to slide on. You can make it as long as you want by moving, lining up the punch and punching until you reached the length you want.
Next, slip the adhered and stacked pennies into the slot and slide them back and forth a bit to make sure they move freely. If not make any adjustments now. Remove the pennies.
Decide what you want to embellish your card with and what image you want to slide. For this card I stamped the chick and balloon from the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set in Memento Black Ink and colored in the chick with colored pencils. The chick and balloon were then cut out. This is where you can really use your imagination and add whatever you want to your penny slider.
3. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Stamp a sentiment on the Tempting Turquoise on your top layer. I stamped “celebrate” from the Good Greetings stamp set in Memento Ink. For some balance , after stamping, I used the Word Window Punch again, to punch out the sentiment.
- Attach the balloon to the chick and attach the chick to the pennies using a few Glue Dots.
- Attach a Honeycomb Embellishment to the top part of the balloon. Set aside.
- On the back of the Tempting Turquoise layer, add Dimensionals across the top, bottom and sides. Add Dimensionals, two high, around the slot opening taking care not to place them too close to the opening. If they’re too close they will obstruct the sliding action.
- Once the Tempting Turquoise layer is adhered, add a border of thick baker’s twine. Attach it with Multi-Purpose Glue.
- Attach the “celebrate” sentiment.
- Add some Enameled Dots as shown and slide your pennies with the attached image into the slot.
If you have any questions or comments about this project EMAIL ME or leave a comment below. And. make sure you don’t miss out on earning this FREE stamp set during Sale-A-Bration!, It’s perfect for Easter and Spring too!