So, here we are at the end of Summer vacation and the beginning of the new school year. Here’s a very quick project to make for your children or your child’s teacher. These are adorable to make and hand out for Halloween as well. I fear that they’re almost too nice to rip open and eat the rolo and hershey candies… Notice, I said “almost!”
Here’s the “How To” make these candy pencils:
First you’ll need one roll of Rolo’s and one chocolate Hershey’s Kiss for each pencil. Yum…The trick is NOT to eat any as you make these. Maybe buy an extra roll or two just in case.
FOR EACH PENCIL CUT THE FOLLOWING:
1. One 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and score it every 1/4″ to the end. Score it along the 3-1/2″ edge.
2. One 1″ x 3-1/2″ piece and one 7/8″ circle from Blushing Bride Cardstock. The circle will be for the top of the eraser.
3. One piece of 1/2″ x 3-1/2″ piece of silver foil paper or aluminum foil in your kitchen drawer. If using aluminum foil, you have to hand cut it, because a paper trimmer will not work. I cut the same size piece from cardstock and folded the foil around it and used the edge of the cardstock as a guide for cutting.
Here is the link, for the above Rolo Filled Pencil Template for you to print out:
1. To assemble add Glue Dots to the bottom of the Hershey Kiss and adhere it to one end of the Rolo candy.
2. Next add Glue Dots along both 4-1/2″ edges of the Daffodil Delight Cardstock and affix one edge to the roll of Rolo candy. Now roll the candy and the Daffodil Delight, as tightly as you can, until the other Glue Dot edge sticks as well.
3. Take the 1″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Blushing Bride and with a Bone Folder curve the cardstock a bit. Again, add Glue Dots to each edge and adhere this piece over one edge of the Daffodil Delight. Make sure as you do this you line up the top edge of the Blushing Bride with the top edge of the Rolo candy.
4. Place some Glue Dots on to the 7/8″ circle and place it on the top to finish off the eraser.
5. Place small dabs of All-Purpose Liquid Glue along the bottom edge of the Blushing Bride and adhere the 1/2″ x 3-1/2″ foil piece.
1. Print out the text on to Daffodil Delight by clicking on this link Rolo Pencil Text
2. Trim up the text, punch a hole in one end and attach it to the Rolo Pencil with a piece of Baker’s Twine or ribbon.
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PENCIL
HAPPY HALLOWEEN PENCIL
Make it a great year. Make sure to thank your child’s teacher. Make sure to hug your child when he/she gets home from school. And. make sure to make a few of these to pass around. I’m pretty sure these Rolo Pencils will bring a smile to anyone’s face receiving them.