Once again, I have used the Flourish Thinlits to create this paper-cutting themed Valentine’s Day Card. I just love the , Scherenchnitte look without the fuss of fussy cutting!
CARD STOCK AND CUTTING DIMENSIONS:
- Real Red 6″ x 6″ card base and 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ for heart
- Designer Series Paper 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ for scallop circle
- Whisper White two 5-1/2″x 5-1/2″ one for the layer and the other for Flourish cuts
- With the Flourish Thinlits and the BIG Shot cut six of the medium floral dies
- Next cut the medallion from the Flourish Thinlits
- From the Real Red card stock cut out the scallop heart from the Heart Thinlits (retired)
- Cut the large scallop circle from Designer Series Paper using the Circle Thinlits (retired)
- Using Real Red Ink, stamp the “happy valentine’s day” greeting in the bottom right hand corner of the Whisper White 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece.
- Adhere the medium floral cut outs to the center of the medallion with Multi-Purpose Glue taking care that they are spaced equally around. This is done easily by lining the floral cut outs up with points of the medallion.
- Carefully gkue the medallion piece on to the heart,
- Adhere and layer the card as shown in the photo.
- Add a Basic Rhinestone to the center of the medallion and Basic Pearls on every other scallop along the heart’s edge.
See what you can do to capture the “Scherenchnitte” look by using different dies. Experiment with different color card stocks and designer series papers. Lots can be accomplish and createde with just a little imagination.
Thanks ever so much for your visit.