This box was inspired by a box the my all time favorite Bob’s Mini Candy Canes came in. Their box had a clear top to see all the candy canes and resembled a retro box from the 50’s! My box I made out of Real Red Card Stock for Valentine’s Day, but this box can be made in any color for most holidays or any celebration. You can adjust the size as well and I’m going to make a few more of these in smaller sizes, so stay tuned.
- For this box you’ll need a 12″ x 12″ sheet of card stock. I used Real Red and first cut it down to 11-1/2″ x 9-7/8″.
- On all four sides score the card stock at 1-3/8″.
- With the 11-1/2″ side at the top, score at 5-1/16″ and 6-1/2″
- Look at the diagram below and cut out the tabs where shown and set aside
All embellishments were cut using the Flourish Thinlits and the BIG Shot out of Whisper White card stock.
- Cut the largest floral embellishment.
- Cut four medallions and cut them in half.
- Cut five of the trim.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- Place and glue the trim along the inside edge of the 1-3/8″ scored lines on either side.
- Adhere the halved medallions on each flap.
- Adhere the large floral cutout on the top of the box.
- Place Tear and Tape Adhesive on the six small tabs and fold them in to form the box bottom and lid.
Make some of these and fill them with candy and small trinkets for your Valentine. They’re going to love it!
Thanks for visiting and be sure to check back all week for more Valentine Ideas.
Embrace the day,