Who doesn’t like pinwheels? I know I always loved them. I remember as a child making them. So, here’s a faux pinwheel card we made at one of my workshops. It’s a fun technique for sure.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Cut (8) 1-1/4″ squares of Designer Series Patterned Paper. I used the In-Color Patterned Paper.
2. Cut (2) 2-5/8″ squares of a coordinating Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock.
3. Layer the 2-5/8″ on top of each other offsetting them and creating eight corners).
4. Adhere one corner of one of the 1-1/4″ squares placing it in one corner of the Baked Brown Sugar mat. Continue doing this, placing squares in the corners, each square will overlap creating the pinwheel effect. When you reach the last square you will need to put one side under the first square placed down and this may take a tiny bit of manipulation to get it underneath the first square. While attaching the 1-1/4″ squares only place adhesive on the corners. When you get the last square in place then go back and add adhesive to the middles.
5. Add an embellishment to the center to cover any gaps where the points of the squares meet in the center.
Have fun making this card!
Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
DSP: In-Color Patterned Paper
Stamp Set: Sassy Salutations
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar