I bought these flower pots about a year ago from The Christmas Tree shop not knowing what I would do with them.. I just got around to using them in a water coloring class. I first made a paper template from copy paper by tracing one side of the flower pot. I then glued the traced image to cardboard, cut it out and used it as a template.
- Trace flower pot onto copy paper.
- Glue copy paper onto cardboard. I used the cardboard which comes in the DSP package.
- Cut out the image.
- Trace image on DSP of choice. You’ll need 4, one for each side of the flower pot.
- Adhere DSP cut out to the pot. I used Stampin’ Up’s STICKY STRIPE TAPE.
- Using WHISPER WHITE card stock and “THE BIG SHOT” cut a SCALLOP OVAL.
- Stamp flower image from ECHOES OF KINDNESS using BASIC BLACK CRAFT INK PAD.
- Water color the image by pressing the closed lid of a CLASSIC INK PAD against the pad. This will create a small pool of color in the lid. Open the lid.
- Use an AQUA PAINTER, WATER COLOR BRUSH or BLENDER PEN and lift the ink from the lid.
- Apply the ink to the stamped image. I applied the ink directly to the flower centers and bottoms, wiped my AQUA PAINTER on a paper towel, then pulled the color from the center/bottom of each flower petal to the petal’s edge.
- Adhere rick rack ribbon (bought at the dollar store), or ribbon of choice onto top and bottom.