**This is a jar stamp that I’ve had for a while. Since most of my Stampin’ Up! supplies are packed up, I decided to use this non-Stampin’ Up! jar stamp. The inside of the jar was stamped using the Cozy Christmas Stamp Set. This technique can be done with any stamp that has an open area or any die shape such as a Christmas Tree, Star or an Ornament.
I had this vision of making a scene inside the jar, so here it is. I’m also working on some very small Christmas ornaments with different scenes. I was hoping to have them finished by now, but with my 3 year old Grandson running around here and wanting to stamp, my completion of these projects is taking a bit longer than expected.
CARD STOCK & DIMENSIONS
Night of Navy- 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
Whisper White-3-3/4″ x 5″, 3-1/4″ x 1/2″ and 2-1/2″ x 4″ for stamping
First stamp the open image you want to use.
1. On a post it, punch out a 1″ Circle. On the back of the punched out circle add some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and set it aside until it dries. Once dried the circle will than be a removable adhesive circle. Use the negative part of the punch out as a mask. lay it where you want the moon and with a Sponge Dauber gently add Daffodil Delight Ink. Now remove the mask and use the circle you punched out and stick it over the Daffodil Delight moon. This will protect the moon from picking up any Night of Navy Ink when the background is sponged.
2. From the Cozy Christmas Stamp Set, stamp the snow covered house and pine trees in Garden Green Ink and stamp it about 1/3 of the way from the bottom.
3. Now place the 1″ Circle over the moon and with a Sponge Dauber apply Night of Navy Ink to the background for a night sky.
3. Lift off the moon mask and stamp Santa and his sleigh in VersaMark. Sprinkle the stamped image with White Embossing Powder and melt it with a Heat Tool.
4. Stamp Have A Cozy Christmas in Night of Navy Ink on to the 1/2″ strip of Whisper White Card Stock.
1. Tie a bow around the neck of the jar. If using another stamped and cut out image tie a bow where it fits. I used the Stampin’ Up! Silver Cording Trim; LOVE IT…
2. Next adhere and layer the card stocks and jar image as shown.
3. Once everything is layered, add some 2-Way Glue to the snow areas and sprinkle it with Dazzling Diamonds.
And, there you have A Cozy Christmas in a jar, or star, or tree, or an ornament. Play around with this idea and see what you can come up with and remember to leave me a comment.
Embrace the day and craft on!