What a fun project! This pocket book was made using CD Pocket folders and they work perfectly in the assemblage of this book. Once completed this book can be used as a baby photo book, wedding album, receipt/coupon organizer, restaurant menu holder-I could go on and on. Switch out the Designer Series Paper and the colors to match whatever theme you want your book to be.
Before you begin this project, you need to purchase some of these CD folders. For this book three CD folders were used. These CD folders can be found at an office supply store or online.
- First three folder were affixed together using Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. Place the glue on two of the back of the pocket pages.
2. Cut five 5″ x 5″ pieces of Designer Series Paper, of the same pattern, for the front and back covers and the three full pages of the book.
3, Cut three more 5″ x 5″ pieces of different patterned Designer Series Paper for the three pages with the pockets.
4. Carefully trace the pocket onto the three sheets and hand cut along your traced lines. If you rotate the cut pieces, you’ll be able to have enough to cover the top and the bottom of the three pocket pages in different papers.
LET’S GET DECORATING:
- For pages 1 and 2 of my book, I embellished it with the same Wisteria Wonder paper. On the full page I ran the strips horizontally and on the pocket page vertically. This paper was computer generated onto 12″ z 12″ paper using R, G, B numbers for the color. These were adhered with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
- A 1″ x 3″ strip of Designer Series Paper was affixed up the side and a 1/2″ circle was punched halfway on the edge.
- The floral border along the pocket edge was cut from Designer Series Paper and glued.
- The large flower, from the Grateful Bunch stamp set was inked up in Blackberry Bliss Ink (retired) and stamped randomly on the full page. The butterfly was stamped in Wisteria Wonder and the greeting in Calypso Coral.
For the Cover:
STAMP THE COVER:
THE COVER MEDALLION: I’m using the word “medallion” loosely here as a form, used as an ornament in a design.
- Cut a 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ and a 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ piece of Whisper White.
- Cut a 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″ piece of Designer Series Paper.
- On the small piece of Whisper White stamp the large flower from the Grateful Bunch in Blackberry Bliss (retired).
- Adhere the three medallion layers together.
- Adhere the front and back covers with Multi-Purpose Glue.
- Cut a 5″ x 1″ piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock and affix it across the middle of the front cover.
- Adhere the medallion over the Blackberry Bliss strip as shown.
If you get your hands on some of these CD Pocket Folders, try a few of these pocket folder books. They make great gifts!
Thanks for stopping by and remember, “To make what you love and love what you make!”
Embrace the day,