I love folded cards. With a few score lines and folds a card seems to be magically transformed. Here’s a Double Z-Fold Card we made at one of my workshops. The hardest measurements were foe the belly band that goes around the card. The band needed to be slightly larger then what I thought it had to be, but after several tries I figured it out. You can take this technqiue and again make it your own, by your color and stamp image choices. The trick here is to have fun and stand back and Ooh and Ahh over it when you’re done.
To make this impressive looking card do the following:
1. Cut a 12″ x 4″ piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and score it at 2″ 4″ 8″ and 10″. See diagram.
2. Fold from the 4″ score line in and from the 2″ score line out. Then fold from the 8″ line in and the 10″ line out.
3. Cut two 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ pieces of Very Vanilla card stock for the side panels.
4. To layer on the Very Vanilla, cut two 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ of Holly Berry Blossom Designer Series Paper.
5. For the belly band cut an 8-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock. Score the band at 2-1/8″x 6-1/8″. Take it from me the 1/8 of an inch matters!
6. For the front diamond cut a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla and stamp the wreath from the Bright Hopes stamp set with VersaMark, sprinkle it with Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder and heat it with a Heat Tool.
7. Cut a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Wild Wasabi to mat the Very Vanilla stamped image.
8. For the inside middle panel cut a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla.
When you’re all done this is what you should have:
Before taping the belly band with SNAIL Adhesive, wrap it around the card first, then tape it. Place the diamond (square) shape on with a Dimensional. Place Basic Rhinestones around and in the middle of the wreath motif.
I’m so glad you decided to stop by today.
To order :