HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR again!! What better way to start off the new year and first workshop of the new year then with a 2015 easel calendar? It’s perfect to display on any counter or desk! This was a fun project we made at my workshop on Saturday. We had so much fun and as I watched everyone lost in making their projects it filled my heart to see them all working and not thinking about their problems. Crafting has a way of clearing our heads and allows us to really live in the moment. THANK YOU for the continued support and friendships. You can purchase these small calendars at various sites or print out a calendar on your home printer. I purchased mine at http://www.skybluepink.com Christine has a lot of fun, little embellishment and such.
To make this easel calendar card cut the following:
FOR THE BASE
1. Cut an 8-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of card stock. I used Coastal Cabana.
2. Score the Coastal Cabana at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″
FOR THE TOP FRONT AND BACK:
3. Cut two 1-7/8″ x 4″ pieces of Hello Honey
4. Cut two 1-5/8″ x 3-3/4″ pieces of Designer Series Paper I used the new Sale-A-Bration FREE Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper.
5. Adhere the DSP layers on to the Hello Honey layers
6. Attach these layers one on the front and the other on the back of the card base.
FOR FRONT BOTTOM:
7. Cut a 2″ x 4” piece of Hello Honey card stock
8. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ piece of Designer Series Paper
9. Adhere these two layer together
10. Wrap a piece of Coastal Cabana around these layers
11. Attach this to the front bottom
12. Cut a 3-1/2″ x 2-7/8″ piece of Coastal Cabana
13. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ piece of Hello Honey
14. Adhere these two layers together
15. On top of these layers adhere the calendar and attach the calendar layer on to the from panel as shwon in the photo
16. Place a button on the front button as a support for the easel.
This easel calendar can be flattened and sent in the mail and believe me people love getting these! You can make them in any color combinations with scrap pieces of DSP. Don’t forget to make one for yourself too.