Welcome back! Today’s share is a slider card we made at my last workshop. One attendee asked if we could make a slider card and so we did. The last slider card was with the Sale-A-Bration Honeycomb Happiness Stamp Set and can be found HERE. I love this Bear Hugs Stamp Set! When I first saw it in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog the possibilities kept flowing in my head. This stamp set can be used for a masculine, feminine and children’s card for any occasion. This slider card was made with my son-in-law in mind for his birthday which we celebrated on Friday.
Instructions for the Bear Hugs Birthday Slider Card:
CARD STOCK and DIMENSIONS
- Cut a 10″ x 7″ card base from Whisper White Card Stock and score it at 5″
- Cut one 4″ x 6″ piece and one 6″ x 2″ piece of Pool Party Card Stock.
- Cut a 6″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Wild Wasabi Card Stock.
- A 3″ x 3″ piece of Chocolate Chip (for bears), a 5″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Tangelo Twist (for fish) , a 1″ x 1″ piece of Hello Honey (for honey-pot) and a 6” x 2″ piece of Whisper White (for flowers & greeting)
All stamps are from the Stampin’ Up! Bear Hugs Stamp Set
- Stamp the large and small bear in VersaMark on Chocolate Chip Card Stock and sprinkle on White Embossing Powder and melt it with a Heat Tool.
- Stamp 5 fish in Memento Black Ink on the Tangelo Twist Card Stock.
- Stamp the honey pot in Memento Black Ink on the Hello Honey Card Stock.
- Stamp three group of flowers and the greeting in Memento Black Ink on the Whisper White.
- With the BIG Shot and the Bear Hugs Framelits cut out the Papa and Baby Bear, the honey-pot, the fish and the flowers.
- On the Wild Wasabi piece punch the slider opening with the Window Punch.
- Tear the 6″ x 2″ piece of Pool Party along one edge. Sponge the torn edge with a Sponge Dauber and Pool Party Ink.
- Hand-cut a cloud shape around the greeting.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Adhere the torn pirce of the Pool Party about halfway down the Pool Party base making sure you placed a fish jumping out of this “wave.”
- For the Wild Wasabi Layer follow:
THE GENERAL DIRECTIONS ON
“HOW TO MAKE A SLIDER CARD” GO HERE
- Place three fish on a piece of Baker’s Twine. Use Glue Dots to adhere them.
- Attach the Baker’s Twine to the bear hands using two Chocolate Chip Candy Dot Brads.
- Place and attach all the pieces as shown above.
PLEASE NOTE: I’m in the process of redesigning my blog. I thought it was time for a new look. I’ll post when I can this month, but it may not be as frequent as I would like…
Embrace the day!