Author Archive | Diane
This a picture of my mother Alice, my daughter Meg and my future son-in-law John at my mother’s birthday bash party/workshop. Below are the two cards we made while we all ate cake.
Again to all of you who took the time out to join us and sent cards
This is a CD Holder Tin which happens to hold a pad and pen inside. Below is the inside of the tin. On the inside cover I added a few pockets for business cards.
For the image on this pad and pen tin the “Soot” technique was used.
Here’s what you need:
Glossy Card Stock
Candle (A tapered candles works faster then a pillar candle)
Matte Spray Sealer
Please do this technique using caution. Over a sink is a good place in case paper catches on fire, although I have never had it happen.
Here’s What to Do:
1. Light the candle.
2. Using tweezers hold the card stock’s edge and touch the flame with the card stock, glossy side to the flame, and keep moving card stock through the flame until soot accumulates on card stock. Experiment how dark you want the card stock to become.
3. Hold the card stock by the edge and place with the glossy side up on the counter taking care not to touch the soot.
4. Use an un-inked rubber stamp and stamp image onto the soot covered card stock. The stamp will pull off the soot and the image will appear. If you’re not happy with the image repeat the process.
5. Spray lightly with a matte sealer.
Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue, Bloomin’ With Love
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Regal Rose
Paper: Very Vanilla 7″ x 10″, scored at 5″, Regal Rose 4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″, Blush Blossom 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″
- First cut a piece of VERY VANILLA CARD STOCK 7′ x 10″ and score at 5″.
- Cut a piece of REGAL ROSE CARD STOCK at 4 1/2″ x 6-1/2″.
- Cut a piece of BLUSH BLOSSOM CARD STOCK at 4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″.
- Stamp the BLUSH BLOSSOM with the smallest flower image from FIFTH AVENUE FLORAL with REGAL ROSE CLASSIC INK randomly.
- Stamp the large rose from the set onto a scrap piece of VERY VANILLA CARD STOCK, cut out and color using Stampin’ Up! PASTELS.
- I used the pastels dark on the bottom of each petal and pulled the color. toward the petal edges so that the edges are the lightest.
- Using “THE BIG SHOT” and the SIZZLET “LITTLE LEAVES” DIE, cut out four leaves. I cut two out of CERTAINLY CELERY and two out of OLD OLIVE.
- For the greeting I used the, “For you on Mother’s Day” from the BLOOMIN’ with LOVE stamp set. You can use any saying that will fit in the DESIGNER LABEL PUNCH.
- Using the DESIGNER LABEL PUNCH, punch out your greeting and with a 4″piece of OLD OLIVE 5/8″ GROSGRAIN RIBBON layer the card as shown above.
I bought these flower pots about a year ago from The Christmas Tree shop not knowing what I would do with them.. I just got around to using them in a water coloring class. I first made a paper template from copy paper by tracing one side of the flower pot. I then glued the traced image to cardboard, cut it out and used it as a template.
- Trace flower pot onto copy paper.
- Glue copy paper onto cardboard. I used the cardboard which comes in the DSP package.
- Cut out the image.
- Trace image on DSP of choice. You’ll need 4, one for each side of the flower pot.
- Adhere DSP cut out to the pot. I used Stampin’ Up’s STICKY STRIPE TAPE.
- Using WHISPER WHITE card stock and “THE BIG SHOT” cut a SCALLOP OVAL.
- Stamp flower image from ECHOES OF KINDNESS using BASIC BLACK CRAFT INK PAD.
- Water color the image by pressing the closed lid of a CLASSIC INK PAD against the pad. This will create a small pool of color in the lid. Open the lid.
- Use an AQUA PAINTER, WATER COLOR BRUSH or BLENDER PEN and lift the ink from the lid.
- Apply the ink to the stamped image. I applied the ink directly to the flower centers and bottoms, wiped my AQUA PAINTER on a paper towel, then pulled the color from the center/bottom of each flower petal to the petal’s edge.
- Adhere rick rack ribbon (bought at the dollar store), or ribbon of choice onto top and bottom.
Get ready for Easter! This sneak peek is fulled with many beautiful sets and ideas to inspire your Easter card and gift giving projects! Click here to download the PDF online!
An Egg-cellent Easter
Wagon Full of Fun
Eight Great Greetings
Ocho saludos geniales (Spanish Eight Great Greetings)
Huit souhaits sympas (French Eight Great Greetings)
Egg Hunt Stampin' Around wheel
To see pictures of these sets, please click here.
From now until March 31st for every $50 you spend in product you can choose a FREE item from this Sale-a-bration brochure! There are stamps, designer series paper and a ribbon bundle! What are ya waiting for?
Stampin' Up!'s new Spring/Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog is filled with surprises and beautiful new products – new hardware, ribbon, designer series paper, crocheted flowers, corduroy buttons and more!
Save 20% on Stampin’ Up!’s collection
of unique rub-ons for any occasion
when you send $20.Be creative!
Rub-ons can be used on cards,
scrapbook pages, as well as glass,
frames and more to create fun
Ask me for ideas!
Come to a or host a workshop!
Contact me: email@example.com
Click to view my online calendar for a list of upcoming events!
Below is the list of current rub-ons and what page of the catalog you can find them. They are regularly $10.95 and on sale until NOVEMBER 30th for $8.76! Shop Now!
Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you soon!